Threadlines Programme - Free Visual Art Workshops
Details about the Threadlines Programme:
- It is free and open to any young person who is between 12 and 21 years old.
- Runs every Saturday from till the 25th November(no worries if you need to skip 1 or 2 days, you can still be involved on it!). Despite it started last week everybody is welcome to join at any point of the course.
- Time will be 1pm to 3pm. Maybe a longer days when we advance on the project but always afternoon/evening.
- The deliverers will be Pester and Rossi, visual artists with a lot of experience working with textiles and sculpture supported by Create Paisley staff.
- A brief description of the course: Join the Create Paisley and the Threadlines artist group to explore and activate Paisley's history of printed textiles. The group will meet on Saturday afternoons at Create Paisley to get to know each other, dig into Paisley's past of printed textiles and experiment with ideas to produce a new public intervention together in Paisley's town centre. The sessions will include practical activities and experiments in visual arts from printmaking and fashion to sculpture and performance. No previous arts experience necessary. All young people welcome.
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/152539218663363
To apply the young people just need to fill in this application: https://goo.gl/forms/4bCQ62arV6UJxplJ3 (you can get a copy of the application here)